Surely the WAMAS aren’t completely free, are they?
Yes they are, it’s completely free to enter and if you are a shortlisted you receive free entry to the awards evening as well. There is no cost whatsoever.
How can you say that the WAMAS are completely independent?
All the judging is done online and the judges never meet, therefore regardless of whether a company sponsors the awards or anything like that this will have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. The integrity of the awards is absolutely essential to us, they are completely independent.
What is the deadline for entries?
You must submit your entry by midnight on Friday 24th March.
When will the winners be announced?
The WAMAS 2017 winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Rooftop Lounge, Lagos on Thursday 18th May.
How can my company get involved in the awards as a sponsor?
Do we need to pitch?
This is not a pitch event. Finalists will be shortlisted and one winner chosen by our judging panel.
Where can i find the Terms & Conditions?
All of the T&Cs are on this page below the picture
TERMS & CONDITIONS, AND THE OFFICIAL RULES OF ENTRY:
1. An entry is defined as a written submission proposing a product, service, app, platform or initiative for one award category.
2. The deadline for entries is WEDNESDAY, March 29th, 2017. Submissions must be received before 11:59PM (GMT) on this date to be eligible for entry.
1. Any entry may be withdrawn up until 11.59pm on WEDNESDAY, March 29th, 2017 (the closing date) upon written request to the organizers. Entries may also be self-edited up until the 11.59pm on the closing date.
2. The awards are open to any business or project that has commercially launched, been redeveloped or shown substantial innovation / measurable progress during the awards period, which runs from May 10th, 2016 until March 10th, 2017.
The ‘Innovation’ categories are exceptions to the rule regarding commercial launch status (ie. may still be in Beta phase at the time of the judging process) due to the ‘innovative’ nature of their criteria.
1. Entrants are strongly encouraged to submit joint entries with partner companies where applications, products, projects or services have been jointly developed and/or launched (i.e. a retailer jointly submitting with their mobile agency/apps developer)
2. Entries will be judged solely on the information provided via the online entry form (including video demos provided in support of the entry). Please do not send any additional supporting materials, as this will not be considered (e.g. documents/presentations)
3. All entrants are required to upload a visual demonstration of the company’s product, service or application. We ask that you send links to videos that have been uploaded to an existing online channel, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Please ensure any website access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until the Awards Ceremony.
WAMAS reserves the right to use submitted footage for introducing short-listed companies during its awards ceremony (PLEASE NOTE we will request additional video footage from all finalists).
1. The WAMAS organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry at the company’s discretion. They also reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed more suitable In both instances, the entrant would be notified.
2. By entering the WAMAS, companies are expressly authorizing the organizer of WAMAS to use the specific text and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the industry in presentations, reports for publication, website and media activities as well as other forms of promotions/publicity materials.
3. The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no further correspondence in this regard. Details of the judging panel sessions will not be disclosed.
4. The winners will be announced on May 18th 2017, at the Rooftop Lounge, in Lagos.
It is very important that you fully complete the online entry form. In particular, details on usage and proven success in the market (backed by financials) should be provided. The more information you supply, the better the judges will be able to assess your entry.
For the purposes of judging, all entries will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be viewed by the judging panel and the awards organizers. However, in order to showcase the nominees at the WAMAS Awards Ceremony, some information may be taken from the shortlisted companies’ written entries. Please clearly indicate any information on either the entry form or supporting material that is commercially sensitive and for the judges’ eyes only. Only details of the award winners and short-listed entries in each category will be published.